This was UH-MAZING. Really, if you're bored of boring old refried beans this is the recipe you need to try. It was a big hit!
Chorizo Refried Beans
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 310
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 7.6g
- Sodium: 546mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 6 ounces Mexican chorizo, squished out of casing and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (15 oz.) refried pinto beans
- About 1/4 cup shredded jack cheese (optional)
- 1. Cook chorizo in oil in a large nonstick frying pan over low heat, mashing, until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add beans and a few tablespoons of water to thin them if necessary. Heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn out onto warm plates and top with cheese if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables