Chorizo, Red Pepper, and Potato Galette with Arugula
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
The beauty of galettes is their no-fuss, free-form shape. Any Spanish-style sheep's-milk cheese works well here.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 525mg
- Cholesterol: 46mg
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie dough for a 9-in. pie shell*
- 3 ounces Basque-style sheep's-milk cheese*, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces Spanish-style chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced and patted dry
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Lay out a sheet of parchment paper, unroll pie dough on top, and roll into a 13-in. round. Set on a rimless baking sheet.
- 2. Leaving a 2-in. border, scatter cheese, chorizo, potatoes, and peppers over dough.
- 3. Fold dough edges over filling, then bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 4. Toss arugula with vinegar and oil in a small bowl until coated. Scatter over galette. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- *We especially like Pillsbury pie dough. Look for Barinaga Ranch Baserri, a California farmstead cheese sold at specialty shops, or use manchego.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note