Chorizo Queso Fundido
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3-4 chorizo links, finely diced
- 4 large jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup(s) monterey jack, grated
- 1/2 cup(s) loosely packed cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the red onion, diced chorizo and jalapeno and cook, breaking up the chorizo into smaller pieces if you like, until it is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Pour off all but one tablespoon of fat from the pan. Add the flour and stirring constantly, cook for 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk and combine well. Cook over medium heat until the sauce is thick, about 4 minutes. Add the cream cheese to the pot in tablespoon-size pieces and stir to combine as the cream cheese melts. Reduce the heat to low and add the cheese 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is melted before adding more. Stir in the cilantro and tomato.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by emilymarie1024 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chorizo Queso Fundido Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers