Chorizo And Hominy Skillet
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 pound Chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16-ounce) can hominy, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sauté onion in butter in a large skillet until tender; add sausage, and cook over medium heat until sausage is browned. Combine flour, salt, and pepper; add to skillet, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in hominy, green pepper, and chiles; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This