- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 3/4 pound Chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (16-ounce) can hominy, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Sauté onion in butter in a large skillet until tender; add sausage, and cook over medium heat until sausage is browned. Combine flour, salt, and pepper; add to skillet, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in hominy, green pepper, and chiles; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.