Chorizo-and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Peppers
- 24 baby sweet red, orange, and yellow peppers (about 1 pound)
- 8 ounces soft Mexican chorizo sausage
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Cut about 1/4 inch from top of peppers to form a "boat." Seed peppers, if desired, and finely chop pepper tops.
Combine chopped peppers and chorizo in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until chorizo is browned. Drain well, if necessary. Add cheeses, stirring until well blended.
Spoon or pipe sausage mixture into pepper boats. Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts and peppers are tender. Garnish, if desired.