- 3/4 pound diced chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced sweet onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- Cornbread Crumbles
- 3 cups soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Sauté sausage in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until browned; drain.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add celery and onions, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in sage, and sauté 1 minute.
Stir together Cornbread Crumbles and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, next 3 ingredients, sausage, and celery mixture, stirring until blended. Divide cornbread mixture between 1 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish and 1 lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake at 400° for 45 to 55 minutes or until set and golden brown.