- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups 1/2-inch cornbread cubes, toasted
- 2 cups cubed French bread
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon; drain. Reserve drippings in skillet.
Cook sausage in hot drippings, stirring often, 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Place sausage and bacon in a large bowl. Sauté celery, onion, and jalapeño in hot drippings 10 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir celery mixture into sausage mixture.
Gently stir cornbread and next 6 ingredients into sausage mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden.