Chorizo Corn Bread Dressing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 ear(s) corn shucked
- 1/2 pound(s) chorizo peeled & thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 stick(s) unsalted butter 1 stick melted
- 1 whole(s) sweet onion minced (2 c)
- 3 stalk(s) celery finely diced (1 1/2 c)
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 whole(s) poblano peppers seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) thyme chopped
- 2 cup(s) turkey stock
- 13 cup(s) cornbread
- 1. Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. Broil the corn, turning, until lightly charred, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cobs.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 3. In a food processor, chop the chorizo into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Drain the chorizo and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard the fat.
- 4. Wipe out the skillet and melt the 4 tablespoons of solid butter in it. Add the onion, celery, garlic, poblanos and thyme and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Scrape into a large bowl. Add the chorizo, corn kernels, corn bread, melted butter and stock. Season with salt and pepper and stir well. Let cool.
- 5. Bake the stuffing in the baking dish for about 30 minutes, or until heated through and crisp on top.
- Uncooked stuffing can be made 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated
This recipe is a personal recipe added by micdig and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note