Chorizo Corn Bread Dressing
Community Recipe from
- 4 ear(s) corn shucked
- 1/2 pound(s) chorizo peeled & thickly sliced
- 1 1/2 stick(s) unsalted butter 1 stick melted
- 1 whole(s) sweet onion minced (2 c)
- 3 stalk(s) celery finely diced (1 1/2 c)
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 whole(s) poblano peppers seeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) thyme chopped
- 2 cup(s) turkey stock
- 13 cup(s) cornbread
- 1. Preheat the broiler and position a rack 8 inches from the heat. Broil the corn, turning, until lightly charred, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cobs.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- 3. In a food processor, chop the chorizo into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered, about 5 minutes. Drain the chorizo and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard the fat.
- 4. Wipe out the skillet and melt the 4 tablespoons of solid butter in it. Add the onion, celery, garlic, poblanos and thyme and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Scrape into a large bowl. Add the chorizo, corn kernels, corn bread, melted butter and stock. Season with salt and pepper and stir well. Let cool.
- 5. Bake the stuffing in the baking dish for about 30 minutes, or until heated through and crisp on top.
- Uncooked stuffing can be made 1 day ahead, covered and refrigerated
This recipe is a personal recipe added by micdig and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes