Chorizo and Tomato Salad
Can be a main dish for around three people if served with another side. Roasted Brussels sprouts are a nice accompaniment. This is a Jamie Oliver recipe.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 Dry Chorizo - about 6 in.
- Fresh herbs...a handful (basil, oregano, and parsley work well)
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 1-2 scallion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cut the tomatoes and the chorizo into chunks, about 2" pieces, or smaller.
- Pour evoo into a skillet and place on med-high heat. When oil is hot add chorizo chunks and pan fry until chorizo is crispy and dark on all sides. Meanwhile, pile the tomato chunks into a shallow bowl. Slice the scallions and add them to bowl. Roll up the herbs together into a cigar shape and slice through the roll. Slice the garlic. When the chorizo is dark, add sliced garlic and watch it carefully. Cook just until the garlic starts to take on color, a few minutes. At this point, pour in about 2 tablespoons of the vinegar. Be careful of a flare-up. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chorizo, garlic, vinegar mixture to the tomatoes. Shower with the herbs, drizzle with a little of the oil from the pan which has now turned a deep red from the paprika in the chorizo. Mix it all together gently.
- Serve with goat cheese and a glass of sherry -- enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandofan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chorizo and Tomato Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads