Chorizo and Potato Tacos
"Tacos: Cookbook author thinks outside the tortilla for variety of recipes." by Michael Hastings. Recipe adapted from "Just Tacos" by Shelley Wiseman, former Gourmet food editor, senior editor for Fine Cooking magazine, and co-author of "The Mexican Gourmet" with Maria Dolores Torres Yzabal. Recipe makes enough filling for 12 to 15 tacos. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 4, 2012.
- 1 pound(s) boiling potatoes
- 1 pound(s) Mexican or Spanish chorizo
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- Warm corn tortillas
- Fresh tomato salsa
- 1. Peel potatoes and cut into ½-inch dice. Cook in a saucepan of boiling salted water until they are just cooked through and still hold their shape, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Remove casings from chorizo and crumble (the Mexican) or finely chop (the Spanish) the meat. Cook the meat in a large skillet (adding a teaspoon of oil if using Spanish chorizo) over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes. Add potato and oregano and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- 3. Make tacos with potatoes and chorizo topped with a favorite guacamole and tomato salsa.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note