Made tonight – delicious! I used heirloom carrots (red & yellow! julienned), kohlrabi (julienned – my “new” veggie – just tried it from CSA last week; perfect in this salad), green/yellow beans, and a little regular cucumber. Loved the flavor the toasted sunflowers added.
chopped salad with feta, lime and mint (smittenkitchen.com)
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) radishes (3 1/4 ounces)
- 1/2 pound(s) green and yellow beans
- 2 Kirby cucumbers
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta, queso fresco or ricotta salata (2 oz)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup(s) sunflower seeds, salted or unsalted well-toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarse or Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chile powder
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- Mix the vegetables, feta, scallions, seeds and mint in a medium bowl. Whisk lime juice, olive oil, salt, spice and black pepper in a small dish and pour over vegetables, tossing to evenly coat. Adjust with more salt or pepper as needed. Garnish with mint and crunch-crunch-crunch away!
- (3 cups of any chopped, crunchy vegetables will do. I used 1 cup each of halved and thinly sliced radishes (3 1/4 ounces), 1/2 pound of lightly cooked, cooled green and yellow beans (1/2 pound fresh) that I’d cut into 1/4-inch slices on the bias, and quartered and thinly sliced Kirby cucumbers (from 5 ounces or 2 whole). However, you should use whatever is crunchy and you’re craving, such as peppers, carrots, lightly cooked corn cut off the cob, celery, fennel or more.
- To bulk this up into a more rounded dish, you could add a cup or two of thinly sliced lettuce, 1 to 2 cups of cooked, cooled grains such as barely, quinoa or farro, or a cup or so of cooked black beans, to add to the Southwestern vibe. In each case, it would be best to double the dressing so you’ll be able to cover everything evenly.)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
chopped salad with feta, lime and mint (smittenkitchen.com) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes