Kids will go for chopped salads with lots of color, such as this one with edamame, chopped apple, and candied nuts. Most kids like the crunch of romaine lettuce, and letting them toss the ingredients in the bowl helps, too. The best part? Lunch is ready in 10 minutes.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 411
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 24.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 20.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29.8g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 274mg
- Calcium: 106mg
- 8 cups finely chopped hearts of romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped apple (1 large)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken or turkey breast
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with Apple Cider Vinaigrette; toss well. Sprinkle with pecans and goat cheese.
- Kids Can Help: Kids can help with a number of things in this salad, from chopping the lettuce to cutting the chicken or turkey to making the vinaigrette.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note