Chopped Endive Salad with Smoked Salmon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 73
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 8.4g
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 269mg
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- 8 ounces each red and white Belgian endive (or all one color), rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces hot-smoked salmon, skin removed, flaked or broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1. Trim and discard ends from endive and slice heads crosswise on the diagonal.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, horseradish to taste, mustard, and pepper.
- 3. Add endive, salmon, and capers to bowl and mix to coat. Press eggs through the large holes of a grater, or chop.
- 4. Spoon salad onto plates; top with eggs. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note