- 8 ounces each red and white Belgian endive (or all one color), rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces hot-smoked salmon, skin removed, flaked or broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- calories 73
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 8.4 g
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- carbohydrate 3.5 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 269 mg
- cholesterol 61 mg
How to Make It
Trim and discard ends from endive and slice heads crosswise on the diagonal.
In a large bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, horseradish to taste, mustard, and pepper.
Add endive, salmon, and capers to bowl and mix to coat. Press eggs through the large holes of a grater, or chop.
Spoon salad onto plates; top with eggs. Add salt to taste.