- 1 1/2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed French bread
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups chopped hearts of romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts)
- 1 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- calories 294
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 21.2 g
- satfat 6.1 g
- monofat 11.1 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 12 g
- carbohydrate 14.4 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 125 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 630 mg
- calcium 134 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place bread cubes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Coat bread generously with cooking spray; toss. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden, stirring after 5 minutes. Cool completely.
Place lettuce and next 5 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl. Cover and chill, if desired.
Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Stir in shallots. Pour dressing over salad mixture; toss gently. Top with croutons, and serve immediately.
Tip: Make it easy on yourself and hard-cook the eggs, cook the bacon, and make the vinaigrette ahead, so all you have to do before dinner is assemble!
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.