Whether you're prepping for a tailgate, a picnic, or an evening on the back deck, this easy grilled chicken sandwich recipe is sure to hit the perfect note for your guests. Pair with lemonade and a slice of lemon pie.
Southern Living SEPTEMBER 2009
1. Light one side of grill, heating to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat; leave other side unlit.
2. Split rolls in half horizontally, and hollow out soft bread from tops and bottoms, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Reserve soft bread for another use, if desired. Sprinkle bottom halves of rolls with half of Swiss cheese.
3. Stir together chicken and Sweet-and-Spicy Dressing in a small bowl. Divide chicken mixture among bottom halves of rolls, and top with remaining cheese. Cover with top halves of rolls. Lightly coat each sandwich with cooking spray, and wrap with aluminum foil.
4. Place sandwiches over unlit side of grill, and grill, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes. Unwrap sandwiches, place over unlit side of grill, and grill 5 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted. Remove from grill, and cut in half.
5. Remove top halves of rolls from sandwiches. Arrange Crunchy Pecan Slaw over chicken and cheese; lightly sprinkle with celery salt, if desired. Cover with top halves of rolls. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to full version of