Chopped BLT Salad
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: about 2 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 2 slices multigrain bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 375º. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet; coat bread with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes or until crisp. Let cool 5 minutes. Set croutons aside (they can be made up to 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container).
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper; mix well with a small whisk or fork. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon. Add the dressing; toss well. Add croutons; toss again, and transfer to 4 serving plates.
- Wine note: Hill of Content Benjamin's Blend ($13), a refreshing Aussie white wine mix of chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, and sémillon, will set off the tangy tomatoes and crisp lettuce, and cut through the salty smokiness of the bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes