This salad has barbeque sauce in the dressing and that gives it a very unique spin. We liked it!
Chopped Barbecued Chicken Salad
Use on-hand ingredients such as bottled barbecue sauce, chopped rotisserie chicken, and canned beans and toss together a hearty main dish salad. To transport the salad, bring dressing (step 1) separately; mix all ingredients together in a large bowl (step 2) just before serving. To cook fresh corn kernels, simmer in 1 cup water for 3 to 4 minutes; drain.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 352
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Sodium: 387mg
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- 1/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cans (15 oz. each ) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup cooked fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup broken tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tomato (about 8 oz.), rinsed, cored, seeded, and diced
- 8 ounces mixed baby greens
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, mix barbecue sauce, olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar.
- 2. Add beans, chicken, corn, bell pepper, chips, radishes, onion, tomato, and greens. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note