Chope's Ground Beef with Potato
Notes: Chope's Bar and Cafe in La Mesa, New Mexico, serves this ground beef filling with shredded iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded white cheddar cheese.
This recipe goes with Taco Bar for a Party
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 russet potato (about 1/2 lb.)
- About 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir ground beef, cumin, and pepper until beef is crumbled and browned, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, peel potato. Coarsely shred, immersing shreds in cool water as you go; drain well.
- 3. Add potato to beef and stir occasionally until potato is tender to bite and beef is very well browned, 10 to 12 minutes longer. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note