Notes: You can make this salsa-salad up to 2 hours ahead; cover and chill.
Yield: Makes about 5 cups; 10 to 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 12
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 2.2mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 12 ounces fresh tomatillos
- 12 ounces firm-ripe tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh jalapeño chilies (remove seeds, if desired, for less heat)
- Remove and discard husks from tomatillos; rinse tomatillos. Rinse and core tomatoes. Chop tomatillos and tomatoes and put in a bowl. Add onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chilies, and salt to taste.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments