Whenever I make this salad I get rave reviews. Its so fresh and the dressing makes it perfect. Labor intensive but worth it. I use it for all my summer dinner parties.
Chop Salad with Corn, Snap Peas, and Bacon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half diagonally
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves (about 1 ounce), cut into thin strips
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Cook peas in boiling water to cover for 1 to 2 minutes; immediately plunge into ice water to stop cooking process. Cook corn in boiling water 2 minutes; immediately plunge into ice water. Drain peas and corn.
- Chop lettuce into small pieces; place in a large bowl. Add peas, corn, cucumber, and next 6 ingredients; toss with Mustard Vinaigrette. Add cheese, salt, and pepper; toss gently. Mound salad on a large platter, and sprinkle with bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note