Chop Cobb Salad
Homemade bread cubes, which bake in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients, are worth the extra effort—though you may use a commercial fat-free crouton instead.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes; Other: 2 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 291
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Carbohydrate: 33.4g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 688mg
- Calcium: 147mg
- 4 ounces whole-grain Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 5 hard-cooked large eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) package American-style mixed salad greens (such as Fresh Express)
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup refrigerated prechopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup refrigerated prechopped red onion
- 1/2 cup light ranch dressing (such as Naturally Fresh)
- 1/3 cup (1.3 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet; lightly coat bread cubes with cooking spray. Place baking sheet in oven while preheating to 350°. Bake bread cubes 12 minutes or until firm. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack 2 minutes.
- 2. While bread cubes bake, cut eggs in half lengthwise; remove and reserve 3 yolks for another use. Chop remaining egg whites and yolks.
- 3. Combine chopped egg, salad greens, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add bread cubes; toss gently. Divide salad evenly on each of 5 plates. Combine dressing and cheese in a small bowl. Drizzle evenly over each salad; toss well. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note