I've had this in my file since '99, but first made it yesterday. It was excellent! Used 4 bananas in filling. Added 2 T. of rum to the topping to give a bananas foster flavor. Couldn't see how I could frost the sides with chocolate with out making a crumby mess, so melted it in a ziploc w/out butter, cut off a corner, and squirted a grid of chocolate lines back & forth over banana topping and sides. Sprinkled chopped peanuts on top. Beautiful! Thought crust may be too thick & peanutty, but it was perfect. Filling was not as dense as usual cheesecake - nice & light. Everyone loved it!
Chocolate-Wrapped Banana Cheesecake
- 3 medium-size ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese*
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Peanut-Graham Crust
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Caramelized Bananas
- Mash bananas with a fork; stir in lemon juice until blended.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add mascarpone, beating until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in banana and vanilla. Pour into Peanut-Graham Crust.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour (center will be slightly soft). Remove from oven; run a knife around edge to loosen sides. Cool on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Remove sides of springform pan. Spread three-fourths of melted chocolate around sides of cheesecake. Arrange Caramelized Bananas on top; drizzle with remaining chocolate.
- *1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream, and 2 tablespoons whipping cream may be substituted for mascarpone cheese. Beat ingredients well at medium speed with an electric mixer. Use 1 cup mixture for cheesecake recipe, reserving remainder for other uses.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts