I don't normally make dessert and my husband doesn't normally like chocolate, but I made this when bringing dinner to a friend who is on medical bed rest. It was a hit! It's so easy to make that it isn't a burden to make it when you are already preparing a full dinner, too. I think it could even be a good kid's recipe, as well.
We recommend using a standard 1 1/2-inch-deep 9-inch pie plate.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp.
- Stir together sugar and next 4 ingredients until well blended; stir in walnuts and chocolate. Pour filling into piecrust.
- Bake at 350° on lowest oven rack for 30 minutes or until pie is set; cool on wire rack.
- Recipe from My Old Kentucky Homes Cookbook as contributed to Best of the Best From Kentucky Cookbook (Quail Ridge Press, $16.95)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note