These are so amazing! I haven't done the frosting yet but based on the other reviews I will add sugar to taste. I used only half of the water needed and they came out perfectly moist in 20 minutes. This is a keeper for sure.
Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes
Photo: Jennifer Davick
Chocolate Velvet Cupcakes are topped with a to-die-for Browned Butter-Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting for an irresistible bite-sized dessert.
Yield: Makes 3 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-oz.) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Browned Butter-Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting
- Garnishes: chocolate curls, white candy sprinkles
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Microwave morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate; beat until blended.
- 3. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Gradually add hot water in a slow, steady stream, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- 4. Place 36 paper baking cups in 3 (12-cup) muffin pans; spoon batter into cups, filling three-fourths full.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks, and let cool completely (about 45 minutes).
- 6. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This