I wanted more chocolate in my cake and added 1/2 cup of cocoa to the recipe. 3 cake pans are necessary. Batter seems thin after adding the cup of hot water but it turns out great! Everyone loved the cake; I will be making it again. I frosted it with buttermilk-cream cheese frosting and used chocolate cream filling between the layers.
Chocolate Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting
- Garnishes: sugared silk ivy leaves, raspberry candies, toffee peanut candies, cracked partially shelled pecans
- Spoon cake batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This