I have baked this cake for years and it has become known as the "Heaven" cake. Someone once told me this cake will be on the table in Heaven when we get there; it is that good. I make the batter exactly as published but I have changed the icing a little. I cut the cream cheese and the powdered sugar amounts in half. I only use one 8 oz package of cream cheese and 16 oz of powdered sugar. This amount still makes plenty of icing to cover the cake but not so sweet and rich. Absolutely the best cake ever!!
Chocolate Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting
- Garnishes: sugared silk ivy leaves, raspberry candies, toffee peanut candies, cracked partially shelled pecans
- Spoon cake batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings