I wanted more chocolate in my cake and added 1/2 cup of cocoa to the recipe. 3 cake pans are necessary. Batter seems thin after adding the cup of hot water but it turns out great! Everyone loved the cake; I will be making it again. I frosted it with buttermilk-cream cheese frosting and used chocolate cream filling between the layers.
Chocolate Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting
- Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
- Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting
- Garnishes: sugared silk ivy leaves, raspberry candies, toffee peanut candies, cracked partially shelled pecans
- Spoon cake batter evenly into 3 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note