how long should you bake it in a 10" round pan? and what temperature?
Chocolate Velvet Cake Batter
This smooth and creamy chocolate velvet cake batter is the basis for many of our most beloved and delicious layer cakes.
This recipe goes with Chocolate Velvet Cake With Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, White Chocolate-Almond Cake, Chocolate-Cream Cheese Coffee Cake, Chocolate Velvet Cake With Cream Cheese-Butter Pecan Frosting, Chocolate-Bourbon-Pecan Cake, Chocolate Velvet Cake With Coconut-Pecan Frosting, Mississippi Mud Cake, Chocolate Velvet "Pound" Cake, Turtle Cake, Chocolate-Mint Cake, Chocolate-Peppermint Candy Cupcakes, Chocolate-Praline Pecan Cake
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt semisweet chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30-second intervals until melted (about 1 1/2 minutes total time). Stir until smooth.
- Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer, beating about 5 minutes or until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Gradually add 1 cup hot water in a slow, steady stream, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla. Use immediately, following directions for desired cake.
The addition of hot water at the end of this recipe makes for an exceptionally moist cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note