- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) pkg. refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz.) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Amaretto Cream
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie pan; fold edges under, and crimp. Line piecrust with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and fill to rim with pie weights or dried beans. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove weights and foil, and bake until bottom is lightly browned, 10 to 12 more minutes. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack while preparing filling.
Microwave semisweet and bittersweet chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) until melted and smooth, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Cool 15 minutes.
Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate, vanilla extract, and almond extract; stir in flour and toasted almonds. Spread mixture evenly in pastry shell.
Bake in preheated oven until set, 30 to 35 minutes, covering edges last 10 minutes to prevent over browning, if needed. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Chill 1 hour. Serve with Amaretto Cream. Store leftover pie, covered, in refrigerator.