Chocolate Truffle Bites
Notes: If making ahead, store airtight up to 1 week in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer.
Yield: Makes 32 pieces
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 35
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Cholesterol: 3.1mg
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1. Combine chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe container. Heat in a microwave oven at 50 percent power, stirring twice, until chocolate is soft, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total. Remove from oven and stir until mixture is smooth.
- 2. Using plastic wrap, smoothly line the bottom and at least 1 inch up the sides of a 4- by 8-inch loaf pan.
- 3. Pour chocolate mixture into pan. Chill up to 1 hour or freeze up to 30 minutes until firm when pressed.
- 4. Sprinkle cocoa over a sheet of waxed paper on a cutting board. Lift chocolate slab out of pan and turn over onto cocoa; peel off plastic wrap.
- 5. With a knife, immediately cut slab into 3/4-inch squares (some chocolates are too brittle to cut neatly; irregular pieces are fine).
- 6. Lift edges of waxed paper and tilt back and forth to completely coat chocolate pieces with cocoa. Lift truffles, shake off excess cocoa, and put truffles on a serving dish.
- 7. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Nutritional analysis per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note