Very easy, lovely presentation, store and travel well. Love that there's no cream in this recipe. These will definitely be in my holiday rotation for gifts!
Chocolate-Triple Hazelnut Truffles
Mild milk chocolate allows the triple hit of nutty goodness to come forward in these creamy truffles; bittersweet chocolate would overpower those flavors. To speed up prep, chill the chocolate mixture for 1 hour or until completely set; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to soften before scooping.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 6 Hours, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 13mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut-chocolate spread (such as Nutella)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)
- 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped salted hazelnuts, toasted
- 1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in the top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water until chocolate melts (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Spoon mixture into a shallow dish. Let stand at room temperature 6 hours or up to overnight.
- 2. Scoop about 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture with a spoon. Dredge in nuts; roll into a ball. Repeat procedure with remaining chocolate mixture and nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note