- 1 (6-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Cinnamon Meringue Shell
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Additional whipped cream (optional)
- Whole pecans (optional)
- Melt chocolate morsels in top of a double boiler over boiling water. Cool slightly, and spread 2 tablespoons melted chocolate over bottom of Cinnamon Meringue Shell. (Chocolate layer will be thin.)
- Beat egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl until thick and lemon colored. Add remaining chocolate and water, beating until thoroughly blended. Cover and chill.
- Beat 1 cup whipping cream and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread half of spiced whipped cream evenly over chocolate layer in Cinnamon Meringue Shell. Fold remaining spiced whipped cream into chilled chocolate mixture, and carefully spread mixture over spiced whipped cream layer. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and pecans, if desired. Slice into wedges, and serve on individual dessert plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This