Chocolate Tiramisu from the AJC
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 (1lb) prepared pound cake cut into 1/2" slices
- 1 1/2 cup(s) strong brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder divided
- 5 tablespoon(s) coffee liquor divided
- 1 pound(s) Neufchatel room temperature
- 3 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate melted
- 6 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar divided
- 2 cup(s) heavy cream very cold
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Line bottom of an 8-by-8-inch pan with one layer of pound cake slices, cutting, if necessary, to fit.
- In a one-quart measuring cup, stir together the coffee, granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa and 4 tablespoons coffee liquor. When sugar is dissolved, pour half this mixture over pound cake slices. Reserve remainder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Neufchatel, chocolate, 3 tablespoons powdered sugar and remaining tablespoon coffee liquor. In another bowl, whip cream with remaining cocoa and remaining 3 tablespoons powdered sugar until cream forms stiff peaks. Fold half the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly over pound cake in pan.
- Make a second layer of pound cake slices and pour reserved coffee syrup over cake. Top soaked cake with remaining whipped cream. Put pan in refrigerator to chill at least 2 hours. Dust whipped cream with cocoa when ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Tiramisu from the AJC Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts