Chocolate Therapy Cookies
Debbie Dahlin writes that the salubrious benefits promised by the name of these ultrarich chocolate-chocolate chip cookies come not just from eating them but also from baking them.
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- About 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz.)
- 1. In a large bowl set over (but not touching) barely simmering water, stir chopped semisweet chocolate and butter often until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove bowl from over water and, with a whisk or a mixer on medium speed, beat in the sugar, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to chocolate mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 3. Drop dough in 1-tablespoon portions 3 inches apart onto buttered 12- by 15-inch baking sheets.
- 4. Bake in a 350° regular or convection oven just until cookies are set on the edges but still slightly soft in the center, 7 to 10 minutes; if baking two sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes, then use a wide spatula to transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Nutritional analysis per cookie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Therapy Cookies Recipe at a Glance