There must be a wrong measurement bc there was not enough liquid for the dry ingredients for the tacos. I added another egg white and it seemed to work. The recipe was a nice change to our normal desserts.
Chocolate Tacos with Ice Cream and Peanuts
Spread batter as evenly as possible on baking sheet. When shaping the shells, balance the wooden spoons between objects that are about 6 inches apart. Allow plenty of room so you can work quickly.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32.8g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts, divided
- 2 2/3 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well. Stir in egg whites, milk, and vanilla.
- 3. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Using your finger, draw 4 (5-inch) circles on baking sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter onto each circle, spreading to edges of circle using the back of a spoon. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Loosen edges with a spatula; remove from baking sheet. Working quickly, gently drape each taco over suspended wooden spoons, gently shaping into a shell; cool completely. (Shells are delicate and should be handled carefully when shaped.) Repeat procedure to form a total of 8 shells.
- 4. Combine chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring after 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Gently spread about 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture on the top third of the outside of both sides of cooled shells, and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts. Spoon 1/3 cup ice cream into each shell. Drizzle remaining chocolate mixture evenly over ice cream; sprinkle evenly with remaining peanuts. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note