There must be a wrong measurement bc there was not enough liquid for the dry ingredients for the tacos. I added another egg white and it seemed to work. The recipe was a nice change to our normal desserts.
Chocolate Tacos with Ice Cream and Peanuts
Photo: Marcus Nilsson; Styling: Theo Vamvounakis
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32.8g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1.1 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts, divided
- 2 2/3 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring well. Stir in egg whites, milk, and vanilla.
- 3. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Using your finger, draw 4 (5-inch) circles on baking sheet. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter onto each circle, spreading to edges of circle using the back of a spoon. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Loosen edges with a spatula; remove from baking sheet. Working quickly, gently drape each taco over suspended wooden spoons, gently shaping into a shell; cool completely. (Shells are delicate and should be handled carefully when shaped.) Repeat procedure to form a total of 8 shells.
- 4. Combine chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate melts, stirring after 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Gently spread about 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture on the top third of the outside of both sides of cooled shells, and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon chopped peanuts. Spoon 1/3 cup ice cream into each shell. Drizzle remaining chocolate mixture evenly over ice cream; sprinkle evenly with remaining peanuts. Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note