Make this and it was not what I expected. It was dry and needed lots of frosting to eat. the flavor however was good because of the chocolate, otherwise boring. Won't make this again.
Double-Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 26 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Sodium: 124mg
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 3.4 ounces whole-wheat pastry flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 ounce chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- Baking spray with flour
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until incorporated. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level. Combine flours, powder, soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Combine sour cream and 1/4 cup milk. Add flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 4. Combine 1 teaspoon canola oil and chopped bittersweet chocolate in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons cocoa. Remove 2 1/2 cups vanilla batter; add to chocolate mixture, and stir.
- 5. Using 2 ice-cream scoops or 2 large spoons, add batters alternately to a 10-cup Bundt pan coated with baking spray; swirl.
- 6. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- 7. Combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon cocoa, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; stir until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note