Easy to put together and saved me time in the morning. I added a teaspoon of baking powder. Would be really good as an after dinner desert served warm with vanilla ice cream! My only problem was that I made a double batch in a larger pan and it was rather gooey in the center. I think next time I would put most of the buttery topping around the edges so it would even out more.
Chocolate-Swirl Breakfast Cake
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Coconut-Pecan Topping
- Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour batter into a lightly greased 9-inch-square pan.
- Microwave morsels and 2 tablespoons milk in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice.
- Swirl melted chocolate mixture gently through batter with a knife. Sprinkle Coconut-Pecan Topping on top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch