Chocolate Surprise Cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) (1-1/2 sticks) butter Softened
- 1/3 cup(s) Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup(s) All purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 25 Chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) Confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) Unsweetened cocoa powder
- preheat oven to 350.F Combine the butter and brown sugar in a medium size bowl. Beat with mixer set on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Combine the flour and cinnamon in another medium bowl. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Shape the dough into twenty-five 1-inch balls. Flatten each ball into a 2-inch round. Place the rounds 1 inch apart on 2 ungreased baking sheets. Place 1 chocolate kiss in the center of each round. Enclose the candy with the dough, making sure the kiss is completely sealed in the dough. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Combine the confectioner's sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot cookies. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Surprise Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies