Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes are a special treat to end the week. A dollop of homemade whipped cream tops sliced strawberries that are sandwiched between chocolate biscuit halves. You might want to double this dessert.
More From Allyou
Stand: 30 Minutes
Bake: 14 Minutes
- Calories: 552
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 cups (about 16 oz.) strawberries, stemmed and sliced (about 3 1/2 cups sliced)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1/4 cup sugar into a large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2. Stir in milk until a rough dough forms. Do not overmix. Divide dough into 4 equal portions (a heaping 1/3 cup each). Gently shape into mounds; sprinkle tops with sugar. Transfer to baking sheet and bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack and let cool.
- 3. Toss strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until juices form, about 30 minutes. Using a hand mixer on high, whip cream and 2 Tbsp. sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 4. Using a serrated knife, slice each biscuit in half horizontally and place 1 bottom half on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/4 of berry mixture on each bottom. Dollop with whipped cream and top with remaining biscuit halves. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note