Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes are a special treat to end the week. A dollop of homemade whipped cream tops sliced strawberries that are sandwiched between chocolate biscuit halves. You might want to double this dessert.
More From Allyou
Stand: 30 Minutes
Bake: 14 Minutes
- Calories: 552
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 cups (about 16 oz.) strawberries, stemmed and sliced (about 3 1/2 cups sliced)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Sift cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1/4 cup sugar into a large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2. Stir in milk until a rough dough forms. Do not overmix. Divide dough into 4 equal portions (a heaping 1/3 cup each). Gently shape into mounds; sprinkle tops with sugar. Transfer to baking sheet and bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack and let cool.
- 3. Toss strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until juices form, about 30 minutes. Using a hand mixer on high, whip cream and 2 Tbsp. sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 4. Using a serrated knife, slice each biscuit in half horizontally and place 1 bottom half on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/4 of berry mixture on each bottom. Dollop with whipped cream and top with remaining biscuit halves. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This