Chocolate and Strawberries From Heaven
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 3 Hours
- 2 (18-ounce) packages double cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package almond toffee bits
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (16-ounce) containers fresh strawberries, stems removed
- Process cookies from 1 package in food processor until finely crushed. Place remaining cookies in a large zip-top freezer bag; coarsely crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Reduce speed to low; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Stir pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture. Stir in coarsely crushed cookies and toffee bits. Fold in half of whipped topping; fold in remaining topping. Cover and chill.
- Spread one-third of finely crushed cookie crumbs in a 4-quart trifle dish. Layer one-third of strawberries, stemmed side down, over crumbs. Carefully spoon half of pudding mixture over strawberries. Repeat layers with one-third of crumbs, one-third of strawberries, and remaining half of pudding mixture. Top with remaining crumbs and strawberries. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate and Strawberries From Heaven Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts