Chocolate Sponge Pudding
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 (1-ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Melt butter and chocolate in top of a double boiler over boiling water, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla. Mix well; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pecans, and milk in a medium bowl; stir well. Add chocolate; stir well. Pour into a greased 8 - inch square pan.
- Combine remaining sugar, salt, brown sugar, and cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over topping; do not stir. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool slightly; spoon into individual serving dishes. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Puddings/Custards