Time consuming but kids love it - http://www.entertainingrecipes.org
Chocolate Spiderweb Treats
In step 4, it's best to start by snipping a very tiny hole in the corner of the plastic bag. If it's too small, you can always make it bigger.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 215
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Calcium: 2mg
- 4 cups firmly packed miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups chocolate sweetened rice cereal (we used Cocoa Krispies)
- 1 (12-ounce) package milk chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1. Combine marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter in a big microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes. Remove from the microwave using oven mitts. Stir peanut butter mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add cereal, and stir until well coated. Quickly spoon mixture into a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan, and press into an even layer. Cool 5 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Cut cereal mixture into circles with a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Store excess cereal mixture in an airtight container for snacking on later.
- 3. Place milk chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl or measuring cup. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 2 minutes or until chocolate looks like it's just beginning to melt. Stir chocolate until smooth.
- 4. Place white chocolate morsels in a zip-top freezer bag. Partially seal bag, and set upright in a small microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute. Gently squeeze bag until smooth. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag to create a small opening.
- 5. Spread melted milk chocolate over top of 1 circle. While milk chocolate is still soft, drizzle white chocolate in 3 rings on top of milk chocolate. Starting at the center, pull a wooden pick through the rings to create a "web." Do the same thing all over again with the remaining circles and chocolate. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note