Chocolate Souffle Cakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 ounce(s) semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 7 tablespoon(s) butter thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3 ounce(s) semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoon(s) superfine sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- 1. To make the cakes, fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water and bring to a simmer over low. Combine chocolate and butter in a wide, heat-proof bowl and place on top of saucepan, suspended over simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir often until mixture is smooth. Remove bowl from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350F. Line two 12 cup muffin pans with 20 liners.
- 3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sure with an electric mixer on high for 5 minutes or until mixture has quadrupled in volume and if very fluffy, Reduce speed to low add vanilla and cooled chocolate. Slowly add flour scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, and mix until well incorporated.
- 4. Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup three quarters of the way. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the cakes look dry and cracked. Cool for 15 minutes in the pans, then transfer to a wire rack.
- 5. To make the whipped cream, bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let stand for 3 minutes or until chocolate softens, Whisk until smooth and transfer to a small bowl. In a chilled medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup cream, sugar, and vanilla and ship with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks form. Add cooled chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SESwanson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Souffle Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts