Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- â¢1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches
- 1 jar(s) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup(s) (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream, whipped
- •1 cup heavy whipping cream
- •2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- •Chocolate curls, optional
- •Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- • Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, chocolate chips, butter, unsweetened chocolate and coffee; cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool. Fold in whipped cream; pour into crust.
- • For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
- How-To: For quick chocolate curls: Use a vegetable peeler to "peel" curls from a solid block of chocolate. To keep the strips intact, allow them to fall gently onto a plate or a single layer of waxed paper. If you get only shavings, your chocolate may be too hard, so warm it slightly. See chocolate curls»
This recipe is a personal recipe added by brobi25067 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Silk Pie Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts