Chocolate Silk Pie
When only down-home comfort food will do, Bob Evans hits the spot. Go for lunch or dinner and top off the meal with a slice of Bob's creamy French Silk Pie. Or try our easy version at home.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $1.30
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 574
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated fat: 23g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 196mg
- 7 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies (about 17 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grind cookies in a food processor. Mix in butter until crumbs are moistened. Press into a 9-inch pie pan. Chill for 15 minutes. Bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, stir 1/4 cup cream, chocolate and marshmallows until smooth, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Whip 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Add cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form. Stir a third of whipped cream into chocolate mixture; gently fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Spoon mixture into pie shell; smooth top. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Whip remaining cream with sugar; serve with pie.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts