Chocolate Silk Cheesecake
Using a food processor instead of a mixer makes this cheesecake creamier and smoother.
Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 35.8g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 161mg
- 2/3 cup reduced-calorie chocolate wafer crumbs (about 20 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cooking spray
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) blocks fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup Dutch process or unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup hot fudge topping
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and toss with a fork until blended. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes. Cool crust on a wire rack. Increase oven temperature to 525°.
- Combine semisweet chocolate and milk in a bowl; microwave at high 45 seconds or until chocolate melts, stirring after 30 seconds. Cool.
- Combine 1 1/4 cups sugar, cheeses, vanilla, and salt in a food processor, and process just until smooth. Add egg whites, and process until blended. Add chocolate mixture, cocoa, fudge topping, and sour cream, and process until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake at 525° for 7 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°, and bake 25 minutes or until almost set. Cheesecake is done when the center barely moves when the pan is touched. Remove cheesecake from oven; run a knife around outside edge, and cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Silk Cheesecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light