The word cake in the title is VERY misleading. It is melted chocolate, period. Good melted chocolate but not worth the expense or calories. There are much better chocolate desserts.
Chocolate Shortbread Cake
This dessert, prepped in just 30 minutes, is all about the crisp cookies and luscious chocolate.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours
- 15 ounces milk chocolate morsels (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped butter cookies
- Parchment paper
- Easy Ganache
- 1. Line each compartment of a 6-mold mini cheesecake pan (or jumbo-size muffin pan) with plastic wrap.
- 2. Pour water to depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place chocolate and next 2 ingredients in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Whisk in cream and bourbon.
- 3. Remove from heat. Gently stir cookies into chocolate mixture, and pour into prepared pan (about 3/4 cup in each mold). Chill 2 to 24 hours or until set.
- 4. Remove cakes from pan to a wire rack in a parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan; discard plastic wrap. Slowly pour warm Easy Ganache over cakes, spreading to edges and on sides. Chill 1 hour before serving.
- Note: We tested with LU Le Petit Beurre cookies. Store any leftover ganache in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave; drizzle over ice cream or your favorite pound cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note