Very large serving for the richness of the dessert. Used dark chocolate morsels. Would mold in mini cupcake pan for a bite sized serving. Served with vanilla frozen yogurt with a drizzel of sauce.
Chocolate Shortbread Cake
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours
- 15 ounces milk chocolate morsels (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped butter cookies
- Parchment paper
- Easy Ganache
- 1. Line each compartment of a 6-mold mini cheesecake pan (or jumbo-size muffin pan) with plastic wrap.
- 2. Pour water to depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place chocolate and next 2 ingredients in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Whisk in cream and bourbon.
- 3. Remove from heat. Gently stir cookies into chocolate mixture, and pour into prepared pan (about 3/4 cup in each mold). Chill 2 to 24 hours or until set.
- 4. Remove cakes from pan to a wire rack in a parchment paper-lined jelly-roll pan; discard plastic wrap. Slowly pour warm Easy Ganache over cakes, spreading to edges and on sides. Chill 1 hour before serving.
- Note: We tested with LU Le Petit Beurre cookies. Store any leftover ganache in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave; drizzle over ice cream or your favorite pound cake.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note