Intense chocolate flavor makes the best sherbet. I want to add mandarin orange -- juice for the milk-- and pureed slices into the mixture.
Annabelle Breakey; Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 219
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Protein: 5.9g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Cholesterol: 4.9mg
- 1/4 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk cocoa, sugar, and 2 tbsp. water to form a smooth paste. Add another 2 tbsp. water; stir until mixture is warm and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in milk.
- 2. Pour mixture into a metal bowl, cover, and chill until cold, about 1 hour. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. Or, pour mixture into a shallow metal pan or ice cube tray and freeze 3 hours or up to overnight; then whirl in a food processor, adding up to 2 tbsp. water to smooth mixture if necessary.
- 3. Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container, cover, and freeze until hard, about 30 minutes.
- Note: Nutrition analysis is per 3/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chocolate Sherbet Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts