- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa (we tested with Droste)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients; cut butter into dry ingredients with a pastry blender until crumbly. Gradually add 1 cup whipping cream, melted chocolate, and vanilla, stirring with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. Knead dough in bowl 3 or 4 times to incorporate any flour or cocoa in bottom of bowl.
- Pat dough into an 8" circle on a parchment-paper lined or lightly greased baking sheet. Cut into 8 wedges, using a sharp knife. (Do not separate wedges.) Brush with 1 tablespoon whipping cream, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake at 425° for 19 to 20 minutes. (Center will be soft; do not overbake.) Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries