Chocolate Rudolph Reindeer
Yield: Makes 8 reindeer
- 12 (2-ounce) chocolate bark coating squares, divided
- 4 plastic deer candy molds (2 deer shapes per mold; deer are about 5 1/2 inches tall)
- 8 mini-pretzel twists
- 1 (2-ounce) white vanilla bark coating square
- 8 red cinnamon candies
- Thin red satin ribbon
- Microwave 6 (2-ounce) chocolate bark coating squares in a 4-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate evenly into 4 deer shapes (in 2 candy molds), filling each just over top.
- Level chocolate with a small spatula, scraping excess back into measuring cup. Gently tap candy molds on kitchen counter 2 or 3 times to remove air bubbles, if necessary. Freeze 20 minutes or until firm. Repeat procedure with remaining 6 (2-ounce) chocolate bark coating squares and 2 candy molds.
- Break curved sides away from the center of each pretzel twist to form antlers. Dip tops of antlers into remaining melted chocolate bark in measuring cup, and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- Invert chocolate deer from molds onto wax paper; carefully trim any rough edges around bottom flat sides with a paring knife, if necessary.
- Microwave vanilla bark coating square in a small glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Dip a small wooden pick into melted vanilla bark; dot eyes onto reindeer.
- Reheat chocolate in measuring cup in microwave at HIGH in 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth, if necessary. Dip a small wooden pick into melted chocolate bark. Dot melted chocolate bark onto head of 1 deer; attach 1 red cinnamon candy for nose, holding candy in place until adhered. Repeat procedure with remaining candies and remaining deer. Dip bottom of 1 set of antlers into melted chocolate bark, and attach to forehead of 1 deer, holding in place until adhered. Repeat procedure with remaining antlers.
- Let reindeer stand 15 minutes on wax paper before handling. Tie ribbon around neck of each reindeer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts