Chocolate Rudolph Reindeer
- 12 (2-ounce) chocolate bark coating squares, divided
- 4 plastic deer candy molds (2 deer shapes per mold; deer are about 5 1/2 inches tall)
- 8 mini-pretzel twists
- 1 (2-ounce) white vanilla bark coating square
- 8 red cinnamon candies
- Thin red satin ribbon
- Microwave 6 (2-ounce) chocolate bark coating squares in a 4-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Stir until smooth. Pour melted chocolate evenly into 4 deer shapes (in 2 candy molds), filling each just over top.
- Level chocolate with a small spatula, scraping excess back into measuring cup. Gently tap candy molds on kitchen counter 2 or 3 times to remove air bubbles, if necessary. Freeze 20 minutes or until firm. Repeat procedure with remaining 6 (2-ounce) chocolate bark coating squares and 2 candy molds.
- Break curved sides away from the center of each pretzel twist to form antlers. Dip tops of antlers into remaining melted chocolate bark in measuring cup, and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- Invert chocolate deer from molds onto wax paper; carefully trim any rough edges around bottom flat sides with a paring knife, if necessary.
- Microwave vanilla bark coating square in a small glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Dip a small wooden pick into melted vanilla bark; dot eyes onto reindeer.
- Reheat chocolate in measuring cup in microwave at HIGH in 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth, if necessary. Dip a small wooden pick into melted chocolate bark. Dot melted chocolate bark onto head of 1 deer; attach 1 red cinnamon candy for nose, holding candy in place until adhered. Repeat procedure with remaining candies and remaining deer. Dip bottom of 1 set of antlers into melted chocolate bark, and attach to forehead of 1 deer, holding in place until adhered. Repeat procedure with remaining antlers.
- Let reindeer stand 15 minutes on wax paper before handling. Tie ribbon around neck of each reindeer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note